Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Top 10 Travel Destinations

Soon I am off to Florida for my yearly family vacation. This might be the last time there for me which is. sad thought, but at the same time, a new vacation could be a fun change. My desire to travel and to see new places has surged in the past year, to the point where all I want to be experience something else. Part of this feels like it is a result from going to a college with an atmosphere just like where I live, but it could also be because of just growing older. I love researching the best place to stay, eat and things to do in random destinations and through this I have found my top 10 travel destinations that I would like to visit. For purposes of this post, I limited it to 5 internationally and 5 within the US. 

Within the US


Charleston, SC

Maybe I read too much Southern Living, but I am dying to go to Charleston. The beautiful houses and picturesque streets seem so inviting. I also wouldn't mind trying some southern specialties in the food department, so heading out to the beach for part of the trip either. 

House in the Garden District of NOLA
New Orleans, LA

Po' Boys and bread pudding are enough to make me want to go here at all. That added to the party that is New Orleans overall makes for such an appealing place to visit. It definitely would be a trip to remember. My parents have pictures from their visit, and each time I see them I was to go to NOLA even more. 

Lighthouse Portland Maine

Portland, ME

If I could have a lobster roll from a shack in Maine my life would be complete. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the general idea is there. Portland seems like such a cute city to visit. I would also be able to go hiking and spend time on the water in Maine, two perfect ways to spend summer days. 

Boston, MA

I have been to Boston before, but I would love to go again. It was my dream to go to college in Boston seeing as it is my favorite city that I've visited. Although I don't go to school here, this would probably be the most realistic place to visit since I do have family here. 


Nashville, TN

There are two main reasons for wanting to visit Nashville. The food scene in Nashville seems pretty cool and, yes, I actually like country music. Nashville isn't too far away of a drive, so it would be a really fun road trip with friends, making a destination I'd love to go to.


International

Provence, France

I have always wanted to go to France, but the idea of Paris has never been appealing. I love the idea of going to Provence, preferably in the countryside. I'd love to go to markets everyday, and spend my afternoons in a leisurely fashion with my main concern being what great meal would I have next. 


Greece (coastal) 

There is not any particular location in Greece that I would like to go to, other than I know I'd love to see the coast and the Mediterranean. recently I have fallen in love with Greek food, especially greek salads. The food is so simple, yet good, that I would go here just for the food and coast. 
a castle in Connemara, Ireland
a castle in Connemara, Ireland
a castle in Connemara, Ireland
a castle in Connemara, Ireland



Ireland

I'd love to go to Ireland to see the castle ruins and explore. Hearing my parents stories about their trips to Ireland when they were first married has made this a travel destination of mine for most of my life. I'd love to see the scenery, visit Dublin, and maybe even find gluten-free Irish soda bread. 

Charles bridge in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic

Prague seems like a great city to visit in Europe. It is relatively cheap, pretty and full of history; all of which is important to me. Every part of the city looks so pretty, that even just walking around without a purpose would be enjoyable. Also, lets not forget trying all of the interesting and different food. 

a colorful street in Bruges, Belgium
waffles in brusselsa colorful street in Bruges, Belgium
Brussels, Belgium

I would travel here strictly for the food and nothing else (of course I also have other reasons). This  draw of food comes from finding waffles, fries, mussels and of course chocolate. Throughout my time taking French, I always have wanted to go to Belgium for more than just the food. The Palace is so pretty in Brussels and there are so many festivals that you can't be bored.

I am currently looking into various study aboard programs and travel opportunities to see what I can do. One of my biggest fears is that I will go through college without being able to go anywhere new, because once I am out of college, I'll be a law student (hopefully) and then a young professional. It seems like my time to do anything is now or retirement. Fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later where I can visit one of these places. 

Where would you like to travel to?
xoxo,
Maddie





No comments :

Post a Comment