Monday, June 25, 2018

Gluten- Free Baking Bucket List



      I am back, and this time with a real excuse. For the past 10 days, I have been on my yearly family vacation to Longboat Key. I always use this time to take a break from almost everything I do at home, and this includes blogging, no matter how inconsistent I have been. I love being on vacation, but the biggest thing I missed was being able to eat baked goods. Longboat Key doesn't have too many gluten free options, and the nearest gluten free bakery was 30 minutes away. I'd rather spend my time at the beach than in the car. 
       I didn't want to buy any gluten free flour, so I ended up making a (very) long list of food to make.   Now that I am home I've already gotten started with chocolate chip cookies, banana bread and almond flour muffins. Some have worked and some haven't but that is all part of the process. Here are some of the things I want to make this summer.

Easy, sweet, packed with the flavors of warm spices, these Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Muffins are perfect for breakfast or even a quick snack. You won't taste zucchini itself, but it makes the bread so moist and fluffy that you would never guess these zucchini bread muffins are gluten free!
Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins - Dishing Delish 

Zucchini bread was one of the foods that tipped me off I might need to be gluten free. Every time I ate my mom's version, I felt sick once I was at school. I am determined to find a recipe that is just like hers. Zucchini bread is one of my favorite foods, so I really want this to go well. 


Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe - Allergy Free Alaska

I really miss coffee cake. I can find muffins and cupcakes at several gluten free bakeries, but I can't seem to find coffee cake anywhere. I have found several coffee cake recipes on Pinterest so I am going to make as many as possible in order to find the best one! 

This peach blueberry galette combines peach slices and fresh blueberries in a sweet juicy sauce and then spreads it inside a doughy sugar-lined crust and bakes it all to golden perfection. This gluten free tart is drizzled in a light lemon glaze and is the perfect summer snack to enjoy outside on the back deck with a chilled bottle of white wine!

I need to find good gluten free desserts that use peaches. Peaches are one of my favorite foods, to the point I eat them several times a day when we have them in the summer.  Making a good peach gazette would fulfill several baking goals-a good pie dough and a peach dessert. 

Secret Ingredient Pistachio Muffins

One of the newer foods I have been liking has been Pistachios. Now I want to try all different kinds of pistachio recipes. These muffins are really intriguing to me. The Secret Ingredient is spinach which seems really weird to me. I love the green color it adds to the muffin, and I feel like it might be like adding zucchini to muffins. 

A step-by-step guide to master the pavlova; a simple and beautiful special occasion cake from @natashaskitchen

Pavlova's are naturally gluten free, so I guess I could have made them in the past too. I have always overlooked this dessert, but now I really want to make it. The only thing I might to differently is use lemon curd instead of whipped cream. This could also be fun to make mini ones so everyone in my family can create their own personal versions. 

Mini 
Cheesecakes (grain-free and gluten-free)

My family doesn't really like cheesecake, but I love it. These mini versions would be great since it would be the perfect size for just me. The crust is almond flour based, which I already have, so it should be easy to test these out with fresh fruit. 

This is only the shortened version of all of the things I am hoping to make this summer. I also want to try gluten free pasta and breads, but that might be a little later on. My biggest project coming up is going to be pancakes, and this might take a while. I really miss being able to eat pancakes with my family every weekend, so I am hoping I can find a recipe that everyone will enjoy. I plan to share each attempt (the good and the bad) on here, to help everyone else who needs to find the perfect gluten free pancakes. 

Do you have any gluten free recipes that you like? If so, feel free to share!
xoxo,
Maddie Platten 

No comments :

Post a Comment