Saturday, June 4, 2016

What I Learned From Junior Year

It's finally over. I got through the year the year that was supposed to be the hardest one of all. And most importantly, I'm still alive and well. These year wasn't what I would call easy. With the ACT, managing clubs, sports, blogging and trying to maintain my GPA, it left little time to relax. This year definitely had tears, but there were also tons of great times that I will never forget. 

For me, this year really showed me that hard work pays off. I studied for my ACT for months and I am so proud of myself for my score. The studying started in July when I got my book and continued to October when I took the test the first time. Keeping my GPA was my biggest priority this year. I had tried hard in my freshman and sophomore year, but that was nothing compared to this year. Three AP classes was enough to keep me on my toes, as well as a teacher who only put in grades once a semester... at the end. I had no idea what I was getting in that class which was super stressful. The outcome of this year really showed that the work paid off. Staying up late a few times and talking to teachers helped me this year. Overall it proved that hard work does pay off. 

The biggest lesson of all was to find ways to relax. I put a lot of pressure on myself this year and at times it proved to be too much. It was clear that I needed a way to relax and calm down. Chai tea was my life saver. I currently have about 5 different types in my house because was how much I drank. The act of making the tea and slowly drinking it, calmed me down and helped relieve my stress induced headaches. Running also helped a bunch. Going out and taking a run made me forget about any of my worries for the time being. The short reprieve made me ready to go for whatever came at me. Take the time to find what helps you relax because if you don't the year is going to be that much harder for you. 

Coming to the realization that I don't have to be perfect was a hard one for me this year. I am under falsehood that I am perfect in anyway. That sure didn't stop me from trying to be. Whether it was with friends, soccer or school, everything I did this year I wanted to be perfect. Sometimes things don't work out and it can be a hard pill to swallow. You just have to take a deep breath and keep going.

Part of me is so sad that junior year is over. I have had a great time getting to know my friends better and I had some amazing classes that I will miss. This year was one for the books and I am so blessed that everything ended out the way it did. 

Now of course for the year in pictures:
I guess there were good things about cross country


Gross Picture. Best Friend.

I took too many pictures of my feet this year


Still too proud of this whale


There were a large number of college tours this year and I'm so nervous to start applying!


Now on to senior year!
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment