Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sweet Tea


Sweet tea isn't something that people drink the the Midwest at all. Last summer was the first time I had made sweet tea and I absolutely loved it. My biggest issue was that there are so many different recipes online that I had trouble picking which one to make. This recipe from Food Network was what I ended up making. It is super easy and really tasty, which is why I decided to share it you all. 

Sweet Tea

Ingredients:

3 quarts cold water
4 pitcher size cold brew tea bags (12 Luzianne tea bags)
Sugar Mixture (see below) 
Lemon slices and Mint sprigs for garnish

Directions:

Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat, pour into a pitcher and steep the tea bags about 5 minutes. Mix the sugar mixture into the iced tea. Mix well. 
Pour the drink and mix over ice cubs in a glass. Garnish with 2 slices of lemon and a sprig of mint. 

Sugar Mixture

Ingredients:

1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar

Directions:
  
Bring 1 cup water to a boil and add sugar. Stir to combine.

Let me know if you try this and what you think,
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment