Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Books to Read this Summer


Reading one of those things that I don't always have time for during the school year but I absolutely love to do. I love to walk out to my hammock and pick up a good book and read for hours. When I am at the pool or beach I don't normally swim or tan, but I am always reading some new book. I love reading because it can transport you to a new place and time, and help you forget any problems you have at the moment. I have below some of my recommend books for you to read.




Code name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I just read this book for the first time and I absolutely love it. half of the book is in one persons point of view, and the second half is in her best friends point of view. The book takes place during WWII, one girl is captured by the Nazis and the other is hiding in a farmers barn. This book is one I couldn't put down and spent my whole day reading it.

The devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
This is one of my all time favorite books. I watched the movie first, but the books is better (if that is even possible). In the book, you get to see more of Andy's personal life and how her job hurts it. The ending is totally different, because Andy gets fired for something she says, and goes back to her old life.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Great Gatsby is a book everyone should read! Its a classic, that no matter how many times you have read it, it is always a great book. I adore the  love story between Gatsby and Daisy, especially when they go back in time to when they first met. The description I gave didn't do this book any justice but I strongly recommend you read it.

Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin
This book is the classic beach read. A girl (Rory) goes to be with her aunt for a summer in the Hamptons, by agreeing to be the Rules (the rich family) errand girl. She meets Isabel, the Rules daughter, and over the book gets to know her. The Rules become like a family to her until a great tragedy happens, breaking the family apart. I recommend this book because is not a hard read, but it is certainly entertaining.

Famous Last Words by Katie Alender
Talk about a murder mystery, this book is one for sure. Willa has moved into a old mansion in Hollywood, with her mom and new stepdad. This happens right around the time that the Hollywood Killer gets into the news. He (or she) is killing young actresses and placing them into death scenes straight out of the movies. Willa becomes convinced the house is haunted as the deaths make the news. These events can't be connected... or are they?

 Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
This book is such a sweet book. It is a true Romeo and Juliet type of story. This book is on many recommended reading lists for a reason. It shows true struggles in a persons life and how one other person can change everything. This book is full of life lessons that every person should understand, like you don't really know someone until you get to know them, and to stand up for what is right.

Now that you have seen my suggestions, go to the library, or go to the book store and pick up one for uou to enjoy. Do you have any recommendations for me to read?

xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment