Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: A Typical Summer Day

Now I can finally show you what I eat on a normal day, no dumb low fiber diet or anything like that. These days I just need to focus on protein intake which has been a fun challenge for me. I don't typically focus that much on protein other than to make a balanced meal, but the need to up my protein has made it a bigger focus. Here is what I have been eating with the extra protein. 

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt w/ Grain-free granola, blueberries, strawberries and a peach 

When I start to make breakfast, I peel a peach. I love to have a peach every morning. They are my favorite fruit so I need to take advantage of peach season. From there I look for protein so recently it means eggs or yogurt. Today I had a parfait as well also had local berries, and it made for the perfect summer breakfast. 

Snack: Gluten Free Rhubarb Oat Muffins (from Jar of Lemons) 

I had a little morning snack of a muffins I had just made. I wasn't really hungry, but of course whenever you make something you need to taste test it. These muffins were so easy to make, and taste amazing. Recently I have been changing around recipes and having fun with that. The only change I made to these muffins was to add wayyy more rhubarb. I love these muffins so I will need to make more in order to freeze them for the school year. 

Lunch: Local Greens w/ Grilled Onions, Strawberries, Chicken, Avocado and Hemp Seeds

Whenever my mom and I deiced to have a salad for lunch, typically about 4 days a week, it really means we want to clean out the fridge and make room so that we can go to another farmer's market. I saw leftover chicken and strawberries so I knew I needed to make a salad that had a "strawberry chicken salad" theme. This salad was amazing as all the flavors worked so well together. 

 Snack: Mango Spinach Collagen Smoothie 

I have been having this smoothie on repeat recently. I found this recipe somewhere on instagram, and it love that it is 4 ingredients and higher protein. It is just mango, spinach, almond milk and collagen. I just this as a way to add a little more protein in my day if I am not near enough to meet my post-surgery protein needs. 

 Dinner: Taco Salad w/ Pulled Beef, Cucumbers, Cheese, Salsa and Plantain Chips 

Dinner tonight was tacos, but since we didn't have any corn torilllas around I made a taco bowl. In a the same mindset as with lunch, I just added whatever I could find in the fridge that fit the "Mexican" theme of the night. It turned out to be a really yummy bowl. 

see you soon!
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment