Friday, March 4, 2016

Tips for a great Staycation


You might be looking at the title and saying, "Duh, I know how to have a staycation, all I have to do is stay home." That is technically true but have a good staycation is something that can be fun. I consider myself a somewhat expert on the art of having a good staycation. Last year was the first year I ever got to go anywhere for spring break. For the most part, I stay home for Christmas break and spring break. This year I am going someplace for break, but that doesn't mean I can't share my expertise on having a good time at home. 

1. This might seem obvious to you, but I can guarantee that your staycation will stink if you attitude does.
2. This is something I always forgot to do, but if you know ahead of time which of your friends will be in town you don't have to deal with texting people just to find out that they are in Mexico or where ever. This way you can make plans with people before break even starts.
3. This idea looks horrible right? Well it won't look so bad when your friends come home and complain about how much homework they have and you're just chilling out because you finished everything like a week ago.
4. You know that thing in your city that you've always heard about but never done, yeah go do it. Even if it is the weirdest thing ever it's something totally different and exciting. 
5. Movies come out all of the time, so go to one that just came out.
6. Doing sometime with your parents might seem like nothing to you, but its surprising what a nice coffee date with mom or a lunch with dad will do to make your day better. 
7. Not good at cooking? Who cares! I bet that everyone in your family will be thrilled when they come home to see a plate of cookies on the table. Best part about this is that you can eat as many as you want and no one will every know....
8. Watch that TV show on Netflix that you've been wanting to watch. I know that I've been dying to watch Parks and Rec, but never have the time. So go ahead and binge watch a couple episodes. 


Want to see more posts about Spring Break? Check out NC Prepsters
xoxo,
Maddie

This post was done as a link up with nc prepsters and other bloggers. Clink the image/link to see the link up.  
NC Prepsters

1 comment :

  1. I love all of your ideas for a "staycation"! Thanks so much for participating in my link-up! XOXO Olivia

    ReplyDelete