Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: A Very Hungry Caterpillar

When I was really little I loved the book "A Very Hungry Caterpillar", and so when I would eat a lot as a kid my mom would call me her hungry caterpillar. Today it has still stuck with me as the book always comes to mind on days I need a lot of snacks. There was no particular reason for me being extra hungry this day, but I made sure to listen to my body and eat more when I needed to. Here is what I ate. 


Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Tomatoes, Kale Salad and a Peach

I eat something like this almost every day in the summer. Egg for protein, and then all of the fruits and veggies I want. The biggest form of variation I have is making toast instead of eggs, but I love this breakfast so much that I don't see myself changing any time soon. 


Snack: Cereal Mix with Cinnamon, Peanut Butter and Flaxseed

Normally my breakfast keeps me full until lunch but not this day. I needed a snack in the middle of the morning so I mixed cinnamon Chex, multi-grain Puffins and Purely Elizabeth granola. I topped it with peanut butter and flax for some healthy fats and protein to make for a more filling snack than just bowl of cereal. 


Lunch: Chickpea Pasta with Spinach, Broccoli, Tomato Sauce and Parmesan Cheese

There have been a lot of rainy and dreary days recently so a warm bowl of pasta was needed for lunch. I love chickpea pasta for the added protein that normal gluten free pasta lacks. For this meal I found all of our leftover veggies from the week and threw them in the bowl. This was nothing special but it really hit the spot. 


Snack: Date Pinwheel Cookies and Tea

My mom and I were out running errands so we decided to pick up a treat from a gluten free bakery. I have been liking dates more and more so I wanted to try these cookies. Boy, are they so good that it was hard to not eat the whole bag. 


 Snack: Bhu Fit Protein Bar

After going for a walk with my parents I really needed another snack to tide me over until dinner time. I normally try to not reach for a protein bar at home since I can make myself a nicer snack, but this bar was calling my name. I just discovered them this spring, and I have really liked having some around. 


Dinner: Korean Kabobs, Roasted Cauliflower and Cucumber Salad

These kabobs were amazing. It was a different kind of meat preparation than we normally have, and it was a great change of pace. As usual, my mom made this dinner, but everyone else had pasta while I had roasted cauliflower. My dinners typically look a little different than the rest of my family due to gluten free modifications, but adding veggies makes me happier anyways. 



Dessert: Vanilla Ice Cream with Canned Door County Cherries

You have no idea how much I am dying for cherry season. I love all stone fruit (way more than berries or anything else) and of the stone fruit, cherries and peaches are my favorite. These cherries are no sugar added canned cherries from a vendor at my farmers market, so it has been helping me get through this sad time without cherries. 

Quick heads up that posting might get a little all over the place as I am getting hip surgery at the end of this week. 

Until next time, 
Maddie 

1 comment :

  1. Nice post i love to read it you work well and also your writing style super good.Awesome post keep it up. I like your post you work well. Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well. clever wifi names

    ReplyDelete