Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Post Hip Surgery

If you remember from my marathon training (here), I hurt my hip in the process. Well after months of PT and finally an MRI, I found out that I tore my labrum in my hip. Last Thursday is when I had hip surgery to repair the tear so since then I've been on crutches and am hobbling around. It hasn't changed too much about how I eat other than I am taking collagen to help with my repair and protein powder as well. Extra protein is so important to recovery from an injury so that has become a priority for me.

Snack: Chocolate Walnut Brownie Perfect Bar 

The pain medience I was on initially caused me to have a really upset stomach so I had to be taken off of that. This morning was one of the first days I felt like eating, so I ended up waking up at 5am to starving after not really eating a lot the night before. I have stocked up on Perfect Bars so that I can have some easy, high protein snacks that I can get myself. The lack of ability to move around has limited my food preparation. 

 Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs w/ Sprouts, Peach, Strawberries, Blueberries, and Sausage 

If you didn't see on instagram (@classyandcleverblog), we finally had a peach delivery from Tree Ripe Citrus! They drive peaches up from Pearson Farms in Georgia and the peaches are amazing. My family looks forward to these all year. We also now have strawberries and blueberries at our farmer's market. It is so nice to finally be in the season when we have all the fruit.

 Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Leftover Salmon, Avocado, Tomato, Sauerkraut, Cucumber, and Radish 

My mom and I often make these crazy fun salad bowls out of all of the veggies we have in the house. It is a great way to use up produce purchased at the farmers market. For protein we use up either tings leftover from previous dinners, such as this salmon, or we used canned tuna or beans. I love this lunch because it always tastes a little different, but never disappoints.  

 Snack: Skyr

Yogurt is another really easy, high protein snack that I can get for myself. Yogurt and fresh fruit is so good, but I had snacked on fruit all day as well, so I chose a flavored yogurt to enjoy. I also like Siggi's skyr, but Icelandic Provisions has the best flavors. They are much stronger flavors, and just a little more unique.

Dinner: Instant Pot Chicken Korma (recipe) w/ Cauliflower Rice and Broccoli 

My family has been trying a lot of new recipes recently and this one went over really well. It was nice and easy to make in the Instant Pot. There was a lot of flavor, and it was so good with cauliflower rice. I love how cauliflower rice can just take the flavor of any sauce. As someone who doesn't like rice, it is a great option for me. I ended up chopping up my broccoli and mixing it with everything else. It wasn't pretty, but it was delicious. 

Dessert: Peach Crisp (Recipe) w/ Vanilla Ice Cream

Of course we had to take advantage of having all of the peaches around. We made the peach crisp the night before when my grandparents were over, and this night we had the leftovers with a little vanilla ice cream. The crisp reheated perfectly after being placed under the broiler for a little bit. The topping had gone a little soggy, but the broiler fixed that perfectly.


Days of eating like this make me so happy! 
until next time,
xoxo, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment