Friday, May 22, 2020

52 in 52: Week 20

Toast has always been one of my favorite foods. It does not take too much looking on my Instagram (@classyandcleverblog)  to see that I love avocado toast with a sunny side up egg. But recently my family has been flying through the avocado. Four of the five of us really love them, so avocados do not last long in my house. I was having a craving for a sunny side up egg and toast, but I wanted another toast topping as well. I won't lie, I think what I came up with this week is so good that even avocado toast now has real competition. 


I made toast and topped it with natural peanut butter, arugula. bagel seasoning and then a sunny side up egg. I have also made it with red pepper flakes and micro greens, both combinations are out of this world.  The savory flavor of natural peanut butter (ie no added sugars) goes perfect with the eggs. The arugula add a nice peppery flavor, but different micro greens can add that as well. I really like to top my eggs with bagel seasoning if I am in the mood for a crunch, but adding just sesame seeds does the same thing. If you prefer spicy foods, that is where I would recommend the red pepper flakes.

I HIGHLY recommend you try out this toast combination. I know that I will be eating this all of the time, especially when I go back to school and my mom no longer buys me tons of avocados. Making this with peanut butter cuts down the price of the toast, while also adding some protein that will help keep you full longer. I am not saying this is an avocado toast substitute but it is an amazing alternative. 

Let me know if you try this!
xoxo, 
Maddie


No comments :

Post a Comment