Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Tuesday's Eats:: Making Up Meals

Posting this semester will definitely be all over the place, but this weekend I was so productive with homework that I actually have time to write something! This weekend was so much fun with a HUGE badger win over Michigan, hanging out with my friends a lot and just finally having a moment to breathe. When it comes to food, my weekends are pretty similar as we aren't served anything in our sorority house. This means all of us eat a lot of leftovers or random snacks. This "Tuesday Eats" is from Sunday and I am pleased with how I was able to make a tasty full day of eating from just what I had around... no spending on food for me this week. Here is what I ate: 


Breakfast: Pumpkin Spice Skyr w/ Blueberries, Grain Free Granola, Plums and Turmeric Juice Shot

I absolutely love the fall for all the foods. I really love pumpkin foods, and the Pumpkin Spice skyr is what I look forward to the most. When it isn't in season, I add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to my yogurt just to get same idea. My only complaint about fall foods is that it is so much so focused on pumpkin, but there are others like maple and sweet potato flavors that are so underrated. Even with that, I am still so happy to see my Pumpkin Spice Siggi's back on the shelves. 


Lunch: Eggs w/ Salsa, Leftover Roasted Brussel Sprouts, and Carrots w/ Hummus 

On Sundays we are served brunch in my sorority, so I made for a lunch of mix of leftovers and brunch. I grabbed some scrambled eggs, but of course had to have some leftover Brussel sprouts as those are one of my favorite things we are served. I honestly only added the carrots and hummus to add a little color, but it worked out to make a good meal. 


Snack: Smoothie (blueberries, banana, yogurt, fig, spinach, cinnamon)

I love the weekends because I can make better snacks for myself then just beef jerky or fruit with nut butter. I just wanted something small, so I threw a bunch on things in the blender and hoped for the best. I was pleasantly surprised with how good this was! I have been really liking to add cinnamon to my smoothies, just like with my yogurt mentioned above, because it adds some warmth to an otherwise cold snack. 


Dinner: Salmon Bowl w/ Cauliflower Rice, Broccoli, Leftover Brussel Sprouts and Capers

Dinner was just a random bowl of leftovers, which is typical for my Saturday and Sunday nights. I could easily order in food, but why would I do that when I can make these bowls for free instead of paying over $10? I have gotten really good at putting together leftovers in a way that tastes good, and is a little different every time. For this bowl, it was the capers and a little lemon juice I added that really brought everything together. 


Dessert: Chocolate Banana Protein Pudding w/ Hemp Seeds and Granola 

I was procrastinating doing homework when I saw a recipe online for a protein pudding. I decided to give it a try and I am so surprised by how good it tasted, even if it was pretty ugly looking. I was thinking it would taste like straight protein but it didn't! All it is, is chocolate protein powder, milk, peanut butter and mashed banana. Letting it sit in the fridge allows it to thicken up into a pudding like consistency. I am not the biggest pudding fan to begin with, but it is really nice to know that I can easily make myself a dessert if I have a sweet tooth that day. 

Until Next Time! 
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment