Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tuesday''s Eats: Day of Snacks

The amount of days this past week that I have tried to take pictures of a full day of eating is unreal. I keep starting, but always forget after dinner to take a picture of whatever I eat. Along with that, I am not really eating anything exciting as I am trying to use up all of the food I have before I go home for the summer. This means lots of oats, yogurt, and guacamole packets. Here is what I ate: 


Breakfast: Quinoa Flakes w/ Strawberries, Raspberries and Pumpkin Seeds 

I have recently been trying new kinds of warm cereals for breakfast instead of oatmeal. I ran out of oats a while ago so I picked up quinoa flakes and cream of buckwheat to try. I really like both of them, but the quinoa flakes have to be my favorite. The nutty flavor adds a lot to fruity toppings. In an effort to get more protein into my breakfasts, I recently have been making my quinoa flakes with milk, or having some sausage on the side. This day, I added the milk, but whatever I chose typically depends on my mood.  


 Snack: Roasted Chickpeas and Clementine

I always pack a snacks on days that I know I will eat a later lunch. My go-to snacks recently have been pumpkin seeds bars by Health Warrior or these chickpea snacks  with fruit. Recently I have been a lot more hungry than normal, so I make sure to pack extra snacks throughout the day so I don't get too hungry. There is nothing worse than being hungry during class or while doing homework and not being able to study because of it.


Lunch: Avocado Toast and Sausage "Hash" w/ Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato

This breakfast hash inspired meal was initially what I really wanted to have for breakfast, but I didn't know if the sausage was gluten free so I waited until I could double check at lunch. It was a good and filling meal with all of the veggies, protein from sausage and healthy fats from the quac on my toast. I ate this around 1:30 so it was able to hold me over through my workout at the gym.


Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs w/ Cauliflower and Side Salad

Somehow I timed it so that when I got back from working out, it was almost time for dinner. This dinner was really good. I loved added the roasted cauliflower as a mix to my pasta. It went really well with the marinara sauce, almost better than the plain pasta did. I know this summer I want to try to do this again because it was so much more flavorful than just pasta and sauce.

Snack: Perfect Bar and Popcorn

Since dinner is at 5:30, I always find I need a bigger snack by the end of the night. Recently my favorite combination has been a perfect bar and popcorn. If I am not too hungry, it is half a perfect bar, but normally its the full bar. I love this snack because it gives me both sweet and savory because I can never decide what I want. It also has fat and protein from the Perfect Bar, and carbs from the popcorn which makes for a really satisfying snack. I have been trying some new Perfect Bar flavors recently so keep checking back for my rankings of all the Perfect Bars I've tried. 

xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment