Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Back to Normal Eating

Well we had a bit of an unexpected break over the past couple of weeks. I ended up in the hospital two weeks ago due to severe anemia (I'm totally fine now), then I had to catch up quickly with missed school work because I had 4 exams and a paper last week and finally it was my sororities mom's weekend two weekends ago. On top of that, I could access my blog for a couple of days. This past week was really my first normal week back, so with that, here was I ate in this "normal" week.

Breakfast: Almond Butter Toast w/ Kiwi, Blueberries, Strawberries

We had a bunch of fruit around the house so I took advantage of that. That morning all I wanted was the fruit, so I just had. a piece of toast with a hearty spread of almond butter on it. I wasn't sure if this would keep me full for the whole morning, but it did. (probably due to my amount of almond butter) Any time I can start my day with this much fruit, I know it will be a food day.

Lunch: Salad w/ Tofu, Avocado, Grapefruit, Orange, Onion, Feta and Pumpkin Seeds

I got this salad from a food truck on campus that I had been wanting to try.  It was a perfect sunny day so a bright salad was what I was really craving. Sadly, this salad wasn't that good. I still finished it, but it wasn't the best. I think it was just because it had plain avocado, and maybe the lettuce tasted weird. I don't know really know, but I do know that I will be sticking with my favorite spring roll food truck for whenever I get food from a food truck.

Dinner: Shrimp. Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Salad w/ Tomato, Cucumber and Shrimp Scampi Sauce

This night was shrimp scampi for dinner, but since I don't really love the pasta we are served, I just decided a lot of shrimp was what I wanted. I ended up putting the shrimp scampi sauce on my salad to make an amazing shrimp scampi salad. Shrimp is my preferred salad protein, so this really hit the sport. The most important part of the meal to me was the brussels sprouts. I''m 99% sure I went back for seconds strictly for the sprouts. I absolutely love Brussel sprouts so I will eat them for days if we have leftovers.

Dessert: Popcorn and Morning Glory Muffin w/ Almond Butter

I definitely needed a snack after dinner, so I had some popcorn and pulled a muffin out of the freezer for dessert. I have a lot of muffins frozen in the shared freezer in my sorority so that whenever I want a baked good I can have one. It makes up for all of the days when there is no gluten free bread around that I can eat. I wasn't sure if I was wanted sweet or savory, so this combination made for a filling and satisfying dessert/snack.

What's your favorite lunch?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment