Thursday, December 20, 2018

What I Ate on Wednesday

 Today might not actually be Wednesday, but this is what I ate on Wednesday so I guess the title works. You know what yesterday also was? My first full day of winter break. This semester was crazy, so this break is definitely needed.  
     I love being home because it means I can cook. I spend most of my days in the kitchen either looking into recipes, reading cookbooks or making something to eat. Right now I am loving to make Christmas treats. Last year I came home so late that I didn't really have time to bake for Christmas, so I am making up for it this year. With that being said, here is what I have been up to in the kitchen. 

 I had been craving good eggs for a while, so this was exactly what I wanted. My family buys their eggs from a local producer, so ours are always really fresh. I also had an orange and toast with homemade raspberry jam. Our oranges are also bought from a special producer from the south, so these are extra juicy. They make all of the clementines I have been eating at school seem awful. 

I wanted to make something special for lunch, so I decided on baked falafel. For some reason it was sounding really good to me, so I just went with it. I used a recipe from MegUnprocessed, and they turned out pretty well. I also added cauliflower rice, lettuce, yellow carrot, canned tomato and avocado to my bowl. I then finished it off with lemon juice. This was a tasty and filling lunch that I will be making again. After this yummy bowl, I had a piece or two of homemade fudge. 

The best part about being at home is my mom's dinners. Last night, we had chicken puttanesca, polenta and roasted Brussel sprouts. It wasn't a crazy fancy meal or anything like that, but it really hit the spot. I love the variety of food that I get when I am at home, so I plan to take full advantage of it this break. 

Lastly, and most importantly, dessert. I made the gluten free sugar cookies that my mom had made earlier this month, so that was my dessert. My favorite cookies are soft and fluffy, so I always look around the batch to find the perfect ones. 

I am so happy to be eating like this again. I joked with my family that my new "diet" for the season will be desserts and vegetables because that is all it seems like I eat. When its not Christmas I don't normally eat as much dessert (ie not 3x a day) but right now, I am loving finally eating and making my favorite treats. 

xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment