Tuesday, March 7, 2017

AP Test Studying Tips

It is two months away from AP testing and I feel that I have taken enough in the past to share my studying tips. My sophomore year I really struggled finding ways to study outside of class, but I feel like I know what I am doing by now. I am taking 5 tests this year, so I have definitely been using these ideas for studying. 
 |1| Actually Study
What a crazy idea, I know. Unless you are the type of person who remembers everything, I would really recommend studying for the test. It is so hard to remember what you learned in the beginning of the year that doing so will refresh your memory. 

|2| Use an AP Study Book
I really like using an AP Study book for review. I have used both of the main brands (Barron and Princeton Review) and I have found that there is not a big difference between the two. They both are really great for content review, with questions after each chapter. 

|3| Flashcards
I love flashcards for studying. They help so much, especially if there is a lot of terms to remember in classes such as AP Psych. I would recommend finding some on Quizlet. That way you don't have to purchase anything, but can use a ton of flashcards. 

|4| Practice Multiple Choice
Multiple choice isn't the hard part of tests for me, but I think that is because I practice it enough to know exactly what I will be seeing. You don't have to go crazy and take the whole test (but you definitely can) but I fully recommend taking practice MC questions so you know what to expect. 

|5| Know Your Timing
This is probably the most important part since you don't want to be half way through the test when time is up. When you practice any multiple choice or essay writing, make sure to time yourself so you know how you're doing. If you find you are too slow, try speeding up a little bit until you can take the test within the correct time frame.

Good Luck on any tests!
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment